Aktuelle Zeit: Do 28. Mär 2024, 11:24

Alle Zeiten sind UTC [ Sommerzeit ]

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 59 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Interviews mit David Tennant
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 19. Jan 2009, 22:07 
Admin

Videos und Texte (letztere immer mit Quellenangabe - besser nur als Link) mit Interviews mit David Tennant.

Interview mit David zum Cartoon 'The Infinite Quest':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7fpouU3 ... re=related

Hier interviewt Captain Jack David:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsyTDAM- ... re=related

Ein Interview von 1998 zu "L.A. without a Map":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STa7TsGp ... re=related

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Interviews mit David Tennant
BeitragVerfasst: So 12. Apr 2009, 21:00 
Admin

Ein Video-Interview mit David zum Special "Planet of the Dead" (daher spoilergefahr, wenn man es noch nicht kennt) - die Clips aus dem Special wurden allerdings aus Copyrightgründen rausgelassen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYpnyyd5 ... r_embedded

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 10. Jun 2009, 22:22 

Hehe, ich hab hier ein Interview mit David Tennant von 2003!!! Ja, richtig gelesen ... lange, bevor er den Doctor gemimt hat ... *gg* aber ein paar Parts darin sind einfach aus heutiger Sicht immer noch (oder gerade jetzt) total suess! :herzauge
Zitat:
Favourite website
Oh, it's a real anorak admission. I've been an obsessive Doctor Who fan since I was a child and it persists to this very day. The BBC run a Doctor Who website and I go on almost every day to check the latest news. Doctor Who is the finest piece of television that has ever been made anywhere. They're putting together a new TV series next year and Bill Nighy is supposed to play the doctor. I've been onto my agent to see if I can get a part, but she's not keen. She says I'll never work again if I do it. I'm proud to say, though, that I have already performed in a couple of audiobook episodes. That was heaven.

If you hadn't become an actor, what would you have done professionally?
I was always going to act, literally ever since I was tiny. In fact, I have Doctor Who to thank for that. I wanted to become an actor after being obsessed with Tom Baker, the fourth Doctor Who, in the 1970s. His was the definitive performance of all time in anything.

What were your favourite stories as a child?
The books I read as a child were all Doctor Who books! There were hundreds of episodes, which were all novelised, and that's all I ever wanted to read. I loved monsters, aliens and other creatures. I remember being obsessed with the Loch Ness Monster and the Yeti. I don't think they scared me, but there's was something about the unknown that tickled my fancy.

Das ganze Interview findet ihr hier:
http://www.whatsonstage.com/index.php?p ... 1069064615

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 10. Jun 2009, 22:49 
Admin

coool :rosethumb Ich denke schon lange darüber nach, ob es hier in Deutschland jemals etwas gegeben hat, dass wirklcih vom Hype her mit Doctor Who in GB vergleichbar gewesen wäre. Irgendetwas, dass jedes Kind gespielt hat und irgendjemand der jedes Kind sein wollte... aber da ist nix...

BeitragVerfasst: Do 11. Jun 2009, 06:20 

Winnetou :mrgreen:

~~~***~~~

"Love your enemies in case your friends turn out to be bastards." Spooks

~~~***~~~

the madness within can be a gift ...
... the gift of inspiration

BeitragVerfasst: Do 11. Jun 2009, 09:46 

OMG ist dieses Interview klasse. Ich finde es sowieso immer so süß, was für ein Fanboy David selbst auch in seinem Alter immer noch ist. Eine kleine Rolle in Doctor Who :rollen :rollen :rollen . Das ist einfach aus heutiger Sicht so witzig. Ich dachte immer, David hätte keine große Ahnung, wie man Computer bedient... vielleicht betrifft das auch einfach die heutige Zeit was d so los ist :void

Avarra hat geschrieben:
Winnetou :mrgreen:

:grinser :grinser Stimmt.. das ist halbwegs mit DW vergleichbar. Ich hab früher alle Filme verschlungen und wir waren jedes Jahr in Elspe und einmal sogar in Bad Segeberg, um uns dort die Karly May Festspiele anzusehen. Seltsamerweise hab ich nie die Bücher gelsen :oops:

BeitragVerfasst: Do 11. Jun 2009, 10:19 

Super an dem Interview ist, dass es 2003 geführt wurde, belegt es doch, dass David Tennant tatsächlich Doctor Who Fan ist und das dies nicht nur gesagt wurde, weil es nun den Doctor gespielt hat.
Das muß für ihn ein absolut großartiges Gefühl gewesen sein, als er dann letztendlich die Rolle bekommen hat.

In Deutschland gibt es eigebtlich nichts, was mit Doctor Who vergleichbar wäre, da käme Winnetou dem wohl wirklich am nächsten, trotzdem glaube ich, dass der Hype um Doctor Who in GB einfach größer ist, als ein Hype um Winnetou hier in Deutschland.
Bei Doctor Who ist es ja eher die Serie an sich aber bei Winnetou war es ja in erster Linie Pierre Brice oder könnt ihr Euch einen anderen Winnetou vorstellen?

BeitragVerfasst: Do 11. Jun 2009, 13:27 

Ashara hat geschrieben:
Super an dem Interview ist, dass es 2003 geführt wurde, belegt es doch, dass David Tennant tatsächlich Doctor Who Fan ist und das dies nicht nur gesagt wurde, weil er nun den Doctor gespielt hat.
Genau, und das ist auch definitiv etwas, was er Chris Eccleston und auch Matt Smith voraus hat, die beide keine alteingesessenen Fans waren/sind.

Und das ist wahrscheinlich auch der Grund, warum ich so wehmuetig werde, wenn ich an die Regeneration des 10. Doctors denke ... ganz einfach, weil der Fan-Boy David sich verabschiedet (also nicht der Schauspieler David oder der 10. Doctor - das ist okay), aber eben weil sich der Fan-Boy von etwas verabschiedet, worauf er sein ganzes Leben lang hingearbeitet hat ... :(

und in Zusammenhang damit, hab ich mir grad eben dieses Buch bestellt: *ggg*
http://www.orionbooks.co.uk/HB-44657/Da ... sebook.htm

Auf der Seite gibt es eine kostenlose Leseprobe im pdf-Format. Eine wirklich schoene Zusammenfassung ueber sein Leben. :D

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 15. Jun 2009, 21:28 
Admin

Thanks für link und Tipp, Chayiana! Da es nicht sooo drängt, werde ich dann wohl im Oktober zuschlagen und das Tennant Büchlein einsacken :D
Die Aufmachung erinnert mich irgendwie an diese BBC Buchreihe "Doctor Who Files", von denen ich schon einige schnucklige Exemplare im Regal habe.. okay, ohne diese "test your knowledge" fold-outs! :D

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 8. Jul 2009, 19:28 
Admin

Interview mit Maureen Ryan von der Chicago Tribune

Where are you in the filming of the "Doctor Who" specials?

I'm all finished. Three or four weeks ago, I filmed my last scene. So it's over. Still a long time to go before they're all broadcast, though, so I'm still clinging on for a bit. But yeah, it's done. It was very emotional, very exciting. We managed to go out with some of the best scripts I had in four years. So it was a real treat.

Is the general plan for the last specials to be broadcast around Christmastime?

I believe so. I mean, these things can always change. But that's the plan at the moment. "Planet of the Dead" has already [aired] here, "Water of Mars" will be toward the end of the year, as it leads into the final two-parter [that concludes Tennant's run.]. The plan for those is Christmas-New Year's time, but they'll be very secretive about what their plans are until the last minute.

They like to keep us guessing, don't they?

They keep us all guessing.

Oh, I just thought it was us in the press that they wanted to keep in the dark.

No, it's exactly the same for us. We usually find out [when the holiday special is on] when the Christmas edition of the Radio Times [the UK's TV Guide] comes out. Then we finally learn what the scheduling is.

You also appear on "Sarah Jane Adventures" too, right?

Yeah, I filmed an episode of that.

Was it one episode or two? I thought I read that it was a two-parter.

Eh, ah, without giving too much away, yeah, it's a two-parter.

Now I also have to ask, I read a story about all 11 Doctors being united for a charity special some time this fall. Is there any truth to that?

Ooooh, that sounds like a good tabloid wheeze!

Well, if there's one thing I've learned from reading UK tabloids it's not to trust UK tabloids. So I thought I'd ask the source.

Oh sure. So what are they saying?

They're saying that for Children in Need, there will be a 15-minute charity film, it will reunite all the past Doctors via old footage or newly shot scenes. So I didn't know if you knew anything about that.

It's not something I've heard anything about. And I would have thought they'd be in touch. But that'd be quite a curious way to introduce Matt Smith, I'd have thought they'd wait until his first ["Doctor Who"] story. Not anything I've heard about yet.

Well, one of the stories I read today misspelled TARDIS, so I wasn't taking it all that seriously.

So maybe they're not going from an official press release [laughing].

Maybe not. Just to get back to your final run of specials as the Doctor, I was thinking that there's sort of a split in "Doctor Who" episodes -- there are the more larky, adventurous, light-hearted episodes, then the darker episodes with more of a psychological thriller aspect. Would you say [the fall special] "Water of Mars" and the final two-parter are more in that second category?

I think inevitably, because we all know the Tenth Doctor's days are numbered, the storm clouds hang over the last stories. "Planet of the Dead" [the special that airs July 26] is in some ways, the Doctor's last hurrah. He's clearly in a death-defying situation, but he's enjoying himself and having a blast.

By the time we come to "Waters of Mars," things start to happen that mean things can never be quite be the same again. Stuff occurs in "Waters of Mars" which leads directly into the final story, where the doctor really is on the run from the inevitable, I think it's fair to say.

There's a tiny little hint at the end of "Planet of the Dead," a tiny portent of doom is whispered in the Doctor's ear. And really that's heralding the beginning of the end. So yes, "Planet of the Dead" is a bit of a larky one, a bit of a romp, and really, that's the last time we're going to see the Tenth Doctor allowed to have quite so much fun.

And "The Next Doctor" is sort of in that realm too. What was it like working with David Morrissey on that?

Well, David and I worked on a show called "Blackpool" a few years ago.

Oh yeah, "Blackpool." That was great.

Yeah, I think it was called "Viva Blackpool" over there. Then I guess it was "Viva Laughlin," which I guess wasn't so successful.

It was … really bad. It wasn't as good as your one, put it that way.

OK [laughs]. Well, I was quite proud of our one. Don't know what went wrong there. But yeah, Dave and I got to know each other on that, so it was a real treat to have him in "The Next Doctor."

And of course you know what tabloid stories are like. From the moment I took over [as Doctor], they were all saying, "Well, who's going to be next?" One of the names that always came up was David Morrissey, so it was nice to be able to play with those expectations a little bit.

I'm going to make this next question a double-decker, and you can skip over the first part if you want, because I'm sure you've been asked it a million times. So the first part is, why leave "Doctor Who"? And the second part is, "Doctor Who" is such a long-lived franchise -- what do you feel you've brought to "Doctor Who" or left it with?

Oooh. It's very hard for me to answer that. It may be for others to answer and for history to dictate. I've had a wonderful time. I hope I'm leaving at the right time. I think you can overstay your welcome and I hope I'm not doing that. It's funny because it's difficult to leave something that you love so much and have such a great time with. It's hard to ever move away from--I could stay forever. I think it's always best to leave yourself and hopefully everybody else wanting more. I'm hoping I've done that and I'm hoping I'm leaving at the right time.

As a rule, it takes an enormous infusion of creativity and energy and enthusiasm to do it justice. Which I've had, I think--I've really enjoyed the last four years. And I'm quite happy to leave it still feeling that way, leave it before it starts feeling like a job. So it's probably not for me to say what I've left it with, but hopefully some stories that people will come back to and enjoy and feel very fondly about.

I have such fond memories of watching "Doctor Who" when I was a kid and growing up, that if I've left anybody anywhere with memories as fond, then I feel like I've done my job.

Do you have a favorite episode or a favorite memory of making the show?

It always feels wrong to choose favorites. It feels like choosing between children. It's unlike filming any other series, because every story is so different. Every story leaves you with particular memories. And we have a different guest cast every time. There's very few shows that are like that, I suppose. We have one standing set, which is the TARDIS, which we're only in for a couple of scenes. So each story is such a different world, with such different people. I genuinely have fond memories of every story we've done and each one lives very vividly in my memory still. It feels disloyal to choose.

It's the people I'll miss, and getting those fresh scripts, and being the first one to read them. But at the same time, it'll be lovely to return to watching the show and not knowing what happens next. I'm a genuine fan of it and I look forward to being a fan again, in a more traditional sense, rather than a fan who happens to have the best job in the world.

But it seems as though it's a taxing job -- there's lots of running around.

Oh, it's full-on. The Doctor is the kind of character -- because the guest cast is changing all the time, there are very few constants in the show, so the Doctor -- when you're there, you're in it a lot. You're speaking a lot. It's a lot of lines to learn and he speaks quickly, so you've got to learn them well. There's a lot of running around and a lot of energy and it takes a level of commitment and enthusiasm to serve that stuff up the way that it needs to be fulfilled.

I'll miss all that because that kind of energy is very inspiring in itself. But yes, it's relentless, that filming schedule. You have to keep on top of it and you have to keep ahead of the game to give it what it requires. But I'll miss that too. I'm jealous of Matt starting out [Matt Smith, Tennant's successor in the role, starts shooting "Doctor Who" in July] and having all that to look forward to, but at the same time, it's correct and the right time to move on for me.

One thing I've always appreciated about your take on the Doctor, and obviously this was Russell's doing as well, is that he has many emotional colors, if you will. He's not just lighthearted and adventurous all the time, there's an undertow of melancholy or sadness to him as well. There's a sense of the knowledge he has or the history he's lived.

Well obviously some of that kind of thing is script-led, but it's something that I'm always delighted to play, because it just makes sense, doesn't it? It's just real, that someone who's 900 years old, when no one else in the universe can live that long -- he's going to be lonely. He's never going to be able to find happiness.

And Russell likes to turn the thumbscrews on him and give him ever more emotional moments to navigate, but from an acting point of view, that's what you want. You want to have that range of emotions and states to play. That's what makes it just about the most exciting character to inhabit, because he can be everything and is everything.

I think perhaps in the classic show, the emotional life of the Doctor wasn't quite as investigated as it is now. But I think that's wonderful [that we see moments of that], it's great to get to play all those different colors and all those different scenes.

So you're coming over here for Comic-Con. Have you ever been to things like that before? Do you have any expectations of what that'll be like?

Never. Absolutely none, I have no idea. We're sort of in and out, I think. I think Russell [T. Davies, the show's outgoing head writer] and Julie [Gardner, the BBC executive in charge of the show] are there for longer. I think we do a panel and Q&A. And then I'm doing the TCAs [after Comic-Con, the Television Critics Association's summer press tour takes place in Pasadena]. But I don't even know where San Diego is, that's how green I am.

But I'm fascinated to see what I'm coming to. San Diego Comic-Con has become a bit of a sensation, hasn't it, a huge industry event after starting out as a fan meeting. It's become this huge industry event. I know Julie and [new "Doctor Who" head writer] Steven Moffat were there last year.

So what's next for you as far as roles you'll be playing?

I've done a sort of cameo in a movie called "Glorious 39," which Stephen Poliakoff wrote and directed. Then there is some stuff but it's all a bit unconfirmed so I better not say anything in case it all falls apart. I don't quite know what the next move is, really, so I'll just wait to see what scripts come in.

I just finished "Hamlet" for the BBC. I did it on stage last year, in the break from filming. The day after I finished "Doctor Who," I started shooting that ["Hamlet"] production, a TV version of the stage production. So I just finished that. As soon as I get off the phone with you, I'm on my way to the wrap party. I'm just beginning to unfold my brain from all that. It was very quick. We had three weeks to shoot three hours.

So it's been a fairly manic, fairly high stress-level three weeks. But I'm really chuffed that we get to have a permanent record of what I think was a very special show, I think.

So you've been busy.

I really have, yeah. To go from one to the other -- I finished "Doctor Who," then went the next day to "Sarah Jane," then the next day started "Hamlet." So I might have a drink tonight.

Have two.

Well, let's not go crazy. It's been very hard work the last few months, I'll be quite a lightweight. I don't want to embarrass myself.

Quelle: http://www.david-tennant.com/id4.html

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 17. Aug 2009, 22:13 
Admin

David wurde viereinhalb Minuten zu "PBS's Masterpiece Contemporary" befragt.
Ein Interview, das man an bestimmten Stellen ganz sicher nicht besonders ernst nehmen sollte *g*
Zitat:
David Tennant, the brand new host of PBS's MASTERPIECE CONTEMPORARY series, is interviewed by video blogger Zadi Diaz (www.epicfu.com) as part of PBS's coverage of the 2009 Television Critics Assoc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twMqeJZH0Io

BeitragVerfasst: Di 25. Aug 2009, 21:17 
Admin

Ein 20minütiges Interview mit David und RTD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F6D6RgpJGE

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 30. Okt 2009, 15:58 
Admin

Ein wirklich interessantes Video-Interview mit David über Waters of Mars, seine Regeneration in den elften Doctor und ein paar andere Kleinigkeiten:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMMp0GE4 ... r_embedded

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 25. Nov 2009, 14:56 
Admin

Satia hatte das GMTV-Interview ganz zu Anfang bereits verlinkt, doch dieser clip scheint nicht mehr zu existieren.
Darum hier nochmal... und passend zum entsprechenden DT-picspam:
John Barrowman interviewt David Tennant zu seinem Serienauftrakt bei Doctor Who

Teil 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoHARSzH1Vw
Teil 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE104w9yxzQ

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 19. Dez 2009, 00:55 
Admin

David Tennant und Julie Gardner über das Ende von Zehn

Doctor Mania

Mania Interviewer: As a fan of Doctor Who are you looking forward to watching the show with Matt Smith as the Doctor?
David Tennant: I really am.
Julie Gardener: I have deliberately not read scripts and kept away from it because I want to be viewer. We all want to be sitting on the couch on a Saturday watching it with the UK.

Bild
*thanks to Jessica and cowboyhd for the original screencaps*

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 19. Dez 2009, 14:29 
Admin

Ein Interview mit der New-York-Times - kein richtiges Interview, aber wohl die Essenz dessen:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-david-tennant19-2009dec19,0,2333000.story

Zitat:
For another two weeks, David Tennant is still the space-time-traveling Doctor in " Doctor Who," the British sci-fi series that airs here on BBC America. After a year in which the show appeared only sporadically, as a series of "specials," the end of the Tennant tenancy arrives all in a rush: "The Waters of Mars," his penultimate adventure, premieres tonight, with the two-part finale, "The End of Time," beginning Dec. 26. By the end of Part 2, which airs Jan. 2 -- and this is not a spoiler -- he will have died and regenerated into the form of his replacement, Matt Smith.

And yet in some strange quantum mechanical way, he is also already not the Doctor, having filmed his last scenes some months back. And even as he is and is not the Doctor, he is (possibly) becoming someone else, the eponymous star of an NBC pilot called "Rex Is Not Your Lawyer," in which he plays an attorney who coaches clients to represent themselves after he begins suffering panic attacks.

We spoke by telephone on a recent rainy day in Los Angeles. ("I can understand it's a novelty here," he said, "but I watched the news last night and it sounded like the world was coming to an end.") Of "Rex," which also features Jane Curtin and Jeffrey Tambor, he would only say, because "I don't know how much I'm allowed to say," that "it's a great part. It's a very dramatic role, it's quite funny -- you get to do a bit of everything and that always appeals."

Doing a bit of everything is the very essence of "Doctor Who," which revolves between comedy, tragedy, horror, suspense, melodrama, farce and satire from episode to episode and even from moment to moment. Tall, thin and energetic, with a face that fits two definitions of foxy, Tennant has played the Doctor as a swashbuckling clown with issues, a man whose response to his survivor's guilt -- he's not only a Time Lord, but he's the last -- is to randomly roam space and time, running toward life, and away from it. The Doctor contains multitudes, and multitudes have contained him -- Tennant is the 10th actor to have played him since the series began in 1963, following Christopher Eccleston (the first to play the character after the show's 16-year hiatus) into the role at the end of 2005.

He was working with writer Russell T. Davies and executive producer Julie Gardner on the "Casanova" miniseries just as the two were bringing "Doctor Who" back to life. (All three are leaving the show together.)

"I was thrilled that it was back," he said, "delighted that it was being done with such love and attention and taken so seriously by all involved. But it's all slightly mixed up in the fact that [before the new series aired] I got shown some episodes by Russell and Julie in what I thought was just a social night, at the end of which they said, 'And we're also looking for someone to do it for year two.' "

Rather than jump at the offer, he went through "a couple of weeks of indecision. You're being asked, in a way, to take on the expectations of your 8-year-old self, and that's quite an undertaking. I was surprised at how difficult I found it to say yes -- you had to wonder if this was a clever idea. This kind of drama was not being made in Britain at the time. We hadn't made a science-fiction drama for I don't know how many years, or for that kind of family audience. I knew that with Russell at the helm, it was going to be a quality product, but that doesn't necessarily translate into something that will be taken into the nation's heart."

But it was, phenomenally so. "It's been such a big hit in Britain," said Tennant, "and every year we did it, it seemed to get bigger. And although it's wonderful and thrilling to be part of it, you also feel the pressure of not wanting to be there when it . . . turns a corner. It's the sort of show that takes a lot of energy and a lot of commitment and a lot of inspiration and a lot of . . . attack. You can clearly give it as much as it requires for only so long before you start repeating yourself, and I was keen to make sure we didn't get to that point."

When he read Davies' final scripts, "I was nervous they would somehow disappoint, but of course they didn't. I read them in my trailer and had a wee cry. They are so beautifully written. I was just delighted to be going out with such a bang."

Tennant will likely next be seen on American television when "Great Performances" airs the film of his "Hamlet," which he performed at Stratford in 2008 with the Royal Shakespeare Company. He has performed with the company over the years, including as Romeo in 2000, but this was his first performance after becoming a pop-cultural action figure.

"On the opening night in Stratford, when outside my dressing room window the BBC News 24 truck pulled up, I realized that if I failed at this it was going to be on a fairly international level," he said. But the Times called his performance "riveting throughout," and the Guardian praised his Hamlet's "quicksilver intelligence, mimetic vigor and wild humor" -- qualities that describe his Doctor as well.

As to the how it all happened, "I've always sort of bumbled, to be honest; I've always just gone from one contract to another; I've been mostly fortunate that I've been able to join them up. And that's all I ever really hoped for."

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 21. Dez 2009, 08:17 
Admin

Zitat:
When he read Davies' final scripts, "I was nervous they would somehow disappoint, but of course they didn't. I read them in my trailer and had a wee cry. They are so beautifully written. I was just delighted to be going out with such a bang."

Geez.... wenn der Hauptdarsteller schon beim Script-Lesen ein Tränchen verdrückt... wie soll das denn bloss bei uns werden?

Er kommt mal wieder Klasse 'rüber, der gute Mr. Tennant, sehr sympatisch, natürlich und humorvoll.

Danke für's Einstellen, Satia! :kussi

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 21. Dez 2009, 18:29 
Admin

Video-Interview der BBC mit David
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgPVKskxZ-A

und The End of Time - David Tennant Interview on BBC News
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmOCkjfLMgA

Keine Spoiler die über die Inhalte der Trailer zu End of Time hinausgehen.

Beide Interviews wurden gemacht BEVOR seine Dreharbeiten zuende waren.
(Hint an Ginover: der Master ist auch zu sehen *g*)

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 21. Dez 2009, 23:52 

*liest was von "Master" und stürzt sich auf den Link*

:mrgreen:

EDIT: *Videos geguckt hat*
Spoiler für The End of Time:
"There is only... the Master-race!" Mh, mit wem gründet er die denn dann?? Braucht er noch Helfer? :sabber

Ich will wissen was die letzten Worte von Ten sind! Jetzt sofort! Wobei, lieber doch nicht... :flennen

BeitragVerfasst: Di 22. Dez 2009, 19:33 

THE INDEPENDANT, 20. 12. 2009
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 42753.html

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 25. Dez 2009, 22:32 
Admin

Ein längeres Interview wurde gestern, Heiligabend, gepostet, es liegt allerdings schon ein paar Monate zurück.
Nichtsdestotrotz, hier ist der link für alle, die kein
David Tennant Interview verpassen möchten.Bild

Bild
*thanks to Jessica and cowboyhd for the original screencaps*

BeitragVerfasst: Do 4. Feb 2010, 20:22 
Admin

Anfang 2009 hat Catherine Tate David für einen Radiosender interviewt - das Interview ist unfassbar süß!!!!
Unter anderem erinnert Catherine David daran, dass er vor zehn Jahren einmal in einem Theaterstück mitgespielt hat mit dem Namen "Tamagotchi Heaven"
Ausserdem erzählt Catherine von den Problemen die sie mit Shakespeare-Stücken hat, in denen eine Frau so tun muß als sei sie ein Mann - und das erreicht, indem sie einfach einen Hut aufsetzt...
Blackpool ist ein Thema und man hört, wie sehr David die Rolle geliebt hat
und vieles mehr!
Das ganze vor Publikum und einfach klasse!
:heulvorlachen

Es ist ein Youtube-Video - das aber nur Ton hat (und ein Standbild). Es gibt Aufnahmen davon, die aber alle grottenschlecht gefilmt sind....

Hier Teil 1 - den rest findet ihr dann
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBXB49zublM

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 9. Apr 2010, 22:57 
Admin

Hui - ich hab ein Interview mit David gefunden, dass ich noch nicht kannte.
Er spricht über seine Ausbildung zum Schauspieler und wird dabei offenbar von Schauspielschülern gefilmt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaokkvvzAp8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mzi3jUv8jQ&feature=related

BeitragVerfasst: So 21. Aug 2011, 08:10 
Admin

Das hier ist eines der persönlichsten und berührendsten Interviews die ich je mit ihm gelesen habe.
Normalerweise würde ich nur den Link setzen, aber da es mir bei diesem wirklich nicht egal ist, ob es irgendwann mal verschwindet oder nicht, packe ich es obendrein in einen Quotetag hier ins Forum und die Quellenangabe unten drunter.

Zitat:
There's a moment in the current production of Much Ado About Nothing that I particularly love. It's not when David Tennant's Benedick makes his entrance as a sun-bronzed prat in a golf buggy, nor his Cary Grant-style rat-a-tat-tat delivery of lines such as, "I would my horse had the speed of your tongue", not even when he finally gets to kiss Catherine Tate's Beatrice. It's the encore when Tennant skips across the stage, grinning from ear to ear, and you just know there's nothing on earth he'd rather be doing. I've never seen an actor so happy in his job.

Today, Tennant, 40, looks like a teenager posing as an adult. Here he is in his skinny jeans and Beatles T-shirt, bubbling with enthusiasm, and absurdly boyish. He's obsessed with hacking, can't stop reading about it. The police, the press, the politicians all in it together – perfect conspiracy. "Rupert's just said it's the most humbling day of his life. Too fucking right. Apparently he said it like a dead fish." Has he been hacked? Well, he has his suspicions, but the stories that surprised him weren't in News International tabloids, and he's more interested in the meta-drama than any tiny role he might have played. "There's something Greek about it, isn't there?"

Tennant is still best known as the Doctor. For many he is the Doctor – geeky, manic and a little bit gorgeous. He has also romped as Casanova, probed as DI Carlisle in the TV musical-drama Blackpool, theorised as cerebral scientist Arthur Eddington in Einstein And Eddington (stick a pair of specs on him and he's as dull as the next man), played Hamlet quite beautifully (awkward and paranoid, yet graceful) and appeared in a number of none-too-impressive movies. Perhaps that's the biggest surprise – that for all his popularity and talent, he isn't a huge film star. Maybe this will change with his first Hollywood movie. In Fright Night, a remake of the 1985 original, he plays veteran vampire hunter Peter Vincent like Russell Brand on speed. Sure, he's funny, but it's not the most challenging of roles.

In Much Ado, he is a brilliant Benedick – shallow, laddish and witty, he gradually learns how to show his love. Tennant has a wonderful way of demystifying Shakespearean verse without patronising it, mining every word for maximum humour or pathos. I tell him I loved the fact he looked so chuffed at the end. Well, what could be better, he says – acting in a great play to a sold-out audience with one of your best mates? (Tate also starred with him in Doctor Who.) This is what makes him so likable – you don't feel there is a hidden beef, an itch of resentment that he isn't a global superstar.

It's not that he's unambitious. Anything but. Is it true he knew he wanted to be an actor when he was three years old? He laughs, embarrassed. "I know it's absurd and precocious and, of course, at three, you don't really know what that means. So I was just very fortunate that as I grew up and began to understand what that actually was, the idea developed consistently." He stops, and says actually that's not right – he did have a sense of what acting was back then. "I remember a conversation with my parents about who the people on the TV were, and learning they were actors and they acted out this story and just thinking that was the most fantastic notion, and that's what I want to do. And I remember understanding very clearly the difference between the fantasy and reality of that, and that making it even more exciting."

Tennant was born David John McDonald and grew up with his brother and sister in a manse in Paisley, Scotland. His father Sandy was the local Church of Scotland minister. Would Sandy have liked his son to follow him into the church? "No, no, we all went different ways and that's absolutely as our parents would have had it." If anything, he says, his dad would have fancied a go at Tennant's job. "Being a minister is sort of like acting and my dad has always been very supportive. I think he had a bit of a notion for it himself. He's often said that if he'd grown up in a slightly different place, slightly different circumstances and slightly different time, it's something he might have seen himself doing." His father appeared in a non-speaking role as a footman in Doctor Who.

Young David enjoyed school and worked hard – if he hadn't gone to drama school he would probably have studied English at university. I tell him he was particularly convincing as the sober academic Eddington. Is that a part of him? He smiles. "Oh yeah, yeah, definitely, there's definitely a swot inside me."

His friend Arabella Weir, who was his landlady when he moved to London, once said he had a "steely determination". Does he agree?

"It's funny this quote is always brought up, and I don't feel very steely." What does she mean by it? "I imagine she'd say it's about a determination of purpose, which I can't deny. Certainly, in terms of being an actor, I was very single-minded. That didn't feel 'steely' to me."

As he's talking I take out a couple of old-fashioned cassettes from my bag. "Ooooh look at them!" he squeals excitedly. "From the 1970s!" He's bouncing with delight. At times, Tennant could suffocate you with his enthusiasm.

Now he's thinking about his single-mindedness. "I guess Arabella would say I'm swotty, you see. I make sure I learn my lines… it's just we come from slightly different starting points, I guess." What's his starting point? "Fear, probably. Fear of being found out, fear of not being any good and just, you know, fear of failing."

He looks remarkably tanned for a man who's spending so much time in the theatre. How come? "Oh, this is all fake. We get spray-tanned underneath the stage once a week. I think I look vaguely jaundiced. Paisley people aren't really meant to tan. We're meant to be parchment white."

A few years ago Tennant traced his family's roots in the television series Who Do You Think You Are? It was rather sad, and moving, as he discovered that his liberal credentials weren't quite as impeccable as he'd imagined – it turned out his maternal great-grandparents had been flute-flaunting, Catholic-bating bigots back in Northern Ireland. You could see the hurt on his face as he realised his own family had championed everything he despised. "I was really shocked. It was absurd how naive I had been. Of course, two generations back, I should have realised it was going to be tribal."

Another thing that emerged in the documentary was his tendency to make a bit of a mess of things – such as when he drinks from a stream, says how fresh the water is, only to discover sheep regularly pee in it. Yes, he says proudly, "I've always been a geek and slightly awkward… slightly umm… I was never the cool kid at school."

Isn't it strange, then, that he has become a heart-throb and that women… He stops me before I'm finished. "It's absurd and ridiculous and…" He sounds anxious, defensive even. But isn't there a bit of him that wants to gloat; to tell all the kids who thought he was a nerd that he's now this babe magnet, this sex god, this…

And now he really is flushed and flustered. He wants to get the words out but they won't come. "The moment one is sort of made aware of that sort of thing it feels very… it's very hard to enjoy because it feels so absurd and unconnected to… how do you make use of it, or how do you channel it, or how do you even feel good about it because… because… you're patently aware it's not true."
David Tennant, Actor 'We get spray-tanned underneath the stage once a week.' Photograph: Zed Nelson for the Guardian

Blimey. But he's not finished yet. He's determined to stumble towards an explanation of why he's neither desirable nor a conventional leading man. "I mean, it's not true because it's not to do with you, it's to do with characters you play, it's not to do with who you are, or even what you look like, and so I still find it ridiculous when I read a script that says something like 'good looking' or 'fanciable' or anything like that. I think, 'That's not my part' because I always played the weird geeky outsiders. I got cast in Romeo And Juliet in 2000 and people were saying, 'Oooh, unconventional casting.' Then I did Casanova on the telly, which was about a great lover, but that part in that programme he's not – he's a sort of puppy-dog boy."

Hold on a sec. Does the gentleman not protest too much? After all, when he played the Doctor, rarely a week passed without the red-tops suggesting he had a new girlfriend. "And we know we must believe everything we read in the paper!" he says, sardonically.

But did he not get a reputation as Mr Shagtastic? "From whoooooo?" His voice rises a good octave.

"The tabloids suggested you had been out with every woman on the Doctor Who set," I say. He howls with laughter. "Hahahahaha! I refute that heartily." He pauses. "Well, I mean I have had some girlfriends, and I did meet some of them at work you know…" Another pause. "You know, my bedpost really has very few notches compared with other actors of my erm, erm, pedigree. Hehehehehe!"

If anything, he says, he's been Mr Monogamy. "I have never really overdone it. You know, I've never had three on the go at the same time." What about two? "No. No, because I'm too racked with guilt in every corner of my life to even try to get away with something like that."

It's the old Presbyterian thing, he says, just like the work ethic. "It's all connected, isn't it – that sense that you're not worthy and therefore you have to prove your worth, and you don't get above your station."

Does he think religion shaped his character? "I'm sure it must have." He still goes to church occasionally. "There's a morality… I think there's a moral compass but whether that comes from religion or just from being a good person, and where one starts and the other begins…" So what is he? "I'm a good person, I hope. But I'm never as good as I want to be, never as nice as I want to be, never as generous as I want to be."

Tennant brings warmth and likability to most of his roles. Is it important for him to be liked in real life? "I think it's quite important. Actors often have a reputation for being ludicrous and arrogant, and I don't think either are necessary and I think because you produce work collectively it's important to be respectful and receptive, and frankly there's too many of us. It's an overcrowded profession, so there's no excuse for behaving like a twat. And I don't like people who do."

After drama college, Tennant joined the left-wing theatre company 7:84 (the name came from the 1966 statistic that 7% of the UK population owned 84% of the nation's wealth). Was it the politics that attracted him? "Not particularly, it was more that they offered me a job and straight out of drama school that's all you sort of cared about. I mean, it so happened that I agreed with what they stood for, but I would probably have taken a job even if I didn't." How would he describe himself politically? "Left-leaning." Socialist, liberal? "Both of those things." He is a Labour party supporter, did the voiceover for an election broadcast last year and has never had time for the Scottish Nationalists. "I had no great sense of nationalism when I was in Scotland, and I could never understand why the SNP were banging on about it. I was like, why do we want to become smaller? Surely we want to expand and look outward? Let's go into Europe and be one big happy family!"

Tennant is happy to talk about anything but his personal life. And when asked, he deflects with considerable skill. But however much he might resist the notion, there is one remarkable fact about his choice of partner. Five months ago, his girlfriend Georgia Moffett gave birth to their daughter. Georgia Moffett is the daughter of former Doctor Who star Peter Davison. That means Tennant's daughter will have a Doctor as both father and grandfather. How crazy is that? (There have been only 11 Doctors in the history of time travel.)

Tennant smiles. Silence.

"But it is bonkers, isn't it?" Silence.

"Did you actually go out and seek the daughter of a Doctor to mother your child?"

"That's exactly what I did, yes, and there were very few candidates available. It was a limited field." He grins.

"It is unlikely, isn't it?"

"I know, but seriously, anything I say will get picked up."

"Do you ever sit down with Peter Davison and say, 'This is weird?'"

"I'm not giving the Daily Mail a quote. I'm not doing it… Don't do this to me," he pleads. "Mmmmm, I have a very happy family life, very blessed, yeah. I understand there's an interest, and I don't want to feed it."

I give up. "OK," I say, "I'm going to let you…"

"…wriggle," he finishes.

"Am I allowed to ask if Peter Davison is a nice man?"

"Peter is a very nice man."

So we return to the movies. Is this a new stage in his career? No, he says, "I don't think that tactically. I just like to join the jobs up and hope they will be as varied and interesting as possible. So if I can do a film with DreamWorks, then come back and do a little British film, then do something in the West End, then do something for the BBC, that's great." Could Fright Night make him a movie star? "I suppose it's the first big Hollywood thing I've done and people say, is this going to be your move to Hollywood? Well, of course it's not going to be. You learn from experience that the things you think are going to change your life probably won't." He stops. "Not that I'm looking for it to be changed. I'm very happy with what I've got."

• Fright Night is released on 2 September.

Quelle: http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2011/aug/19/david-tennant-interview

BeitragVerfasst: So 21. Aug 2011, 08:29 

Das war eine gute Idee mit der Quote! Das Interview ist nämlich wirklich toll. Vor allem, wenn ich es lese, ich hab irgendwie total Davids Stimme im Ohr, also ich kann ihn praktisch hören, wie er diese Sachen sagt (und sich teilweise windet).

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 59 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC [ Sommerzeit ]