Aktuelle Zeit: Do 28. Mär 2024, 10:55

Alle Zeiten sind UTC [ Sommerzeit ]

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 355 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Diesjährige John-Barrowman-Tour
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 3. Nov 2010, 13:50 

Jetzt habt Ihrs geschafft mit euren Schwärmereien! Ich oller Metal-Fan habe mir ne CD von JB bestellt. :oops: Werde ich jetzt auf meine alten Tage noch zum Softie? :rollen Amazon wird mit meinen Profildaten völlig durcheinander kommen.

Wann ist endlich diese Lieferung da? :sabber

Danke Herr Duck!

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 3. Nov 2010, 14:13 

Glückwunsch, Berthe! :mrgreen: Welche ist es denn? *neugierig guck*
Und bedenke vor allem, die Werbung, die Du jetzt aufgrund Deiner Wahl immer bekommen wirst. Nach einer CD ist noch lange nicht Schluss, da gibt es noch mehr CDs und Konzert-DVDs und Bücher und Film-DVDs ("Shark Attac 3" LOL) und Hörbücher... Willkommen im Club der unverbesserlichten Anschmachter! :tongue:

Danke, Nanny, für die Erklärung mit Jodies Haaren. Das muss dann aber hinter der Bühne gewesen sein, auf der Bühne war nichts mit Feuer.

Die Preview für die neue Konzert-DVD kann ich mir nicht nur einmal anschauen, die muss immer dreimal hintereinander laufen. Viel zu kurz! Aber sieht klasse aus. Dann können wir ja mal anfangen, nach den London-Gängern im Publikum zu suchen - outet Euch! :rollen

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 3. Nov 2010, 15:58 

Glückwunsch Berthe :knuddel , und es wird nicht bei einer CD bleiben. Bei mir war es auch nicht anders :mrgreen:

Das mit Jodies Haaren las sich richtig dramatisch :shock: . Zum Glück ist nicht mehr passiert...

Und ja Astra, bei mir läuft die Preview auch mehrmals hinter einander. Ich freu mich so auf die DVD - meine Tochter in Österreich wird Augen machen. Sie bekommt die Doppel - DVD mit dem Booklet zu Weihnachten....und eins ist für mich... :popcorn

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 3. Nov 2010, 18:02 
Admin

hmmmm.... ich will die DVD schon deshalb haben, weil ich die Halle so beeindruckend fand und das nochmal sehen will!!!!! Aber das Konzert ist dann ein netter Bonus :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ich freu mich echt darauf.

BeitragVerfasst: Do 4. Nov 2010, 01:38 

Astra hat geschrieben:
Die Preview für die neue Konzert-DVD kann ich mir nicht nur einmal anschauen, die muss immer dreimal hintereinander laufen. Viel zu kurz! Aber sieht klasse aus. Dann können wir ja mal anfangen, nach den London-Gängern im Publikum zu suchen - outet Euch! :rollen

:shock:

Und auf die Reihe wo wir saßen war doch immer der eine Strahler gerichtet.... Trotzdem danke für den Link zur Preview, Astra! ;) :knuddel

BeitragVerfasst: Do 4. Nov 2010, 06:36 

Ginover hat geschrieben:
Astra hat geschrieben:

Und auf die Reihe wo wir saßen war doch immer der eine Strahler gerichtet.... Trotzdem danke für den Link zur Preview, Astra! ;) :knuddel

Hehe, eine Aufnahme hab ich schon mal in der Preview gesehen, auf der man (bei Standbild und entsprechender Bildschirmgröße) vermutlich so 1 bis 5 Forenmitglieder erkennen könnte. Geht jetzt bei der Preview leider nicht, weil bei "Pause" immer das Play.com Logo übers Bild gelegt wird :tongue:

BeitragVerfasst: Do 4. Nov 2010, 11:06 

Nanny hat geschrieben:
Ginover hat geschrieben:
Astra hat geschrieben:

Hehe, eine Aufnahme hab ich schon mal in der Preview gesehen, auf der man (bei Standbild und entsprechender Bildschirmgröße) vermutlich so 1 bis 5 Forenmitglieder erkennen könnte. Geht jetzt bei der Preview leider nicht, weil bei "Pause" immer das Play.com Logo übers Bild gelegt wird :tongue:

:shock: Bitte nicht!!!

Ich weiß garnicht ob das zu sehen ist und wenn dann nur von hinten. Denn hinter unserer Reihe stand eine Camera!!!

Das wäre doch ein nettes Spiel. Finde die verstecken Forenmitglieder. :D

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 6. Nov 2010, 00:00 

Ich war fleißig und hab wie versprochen den nächsten Teil vom ultimativen allumfassenden lobhudelnden begeisterten schmachtenden dahinschmelzenden lautquietschendem Konzertbericht fertig gemacht. Im zweiten Teil des Konzertes passierte so viel, dass ich es in zwei Teile geteilt habe. Der dritte und letzte kommt dann pünktlich nächsten Freitag. Viel Spaß beim gucken, hören, staunen, erinnern!

Last time I told you there wasn’t an introduction to “Don’t Rain on my Parade” – turned out, there was. In fact, there were some nice stories which I don’t want to keep from you.

An old Indian man said something to John on his travel through the US for "Children in Need": “A life without risk is a life not lived”. And John thought about which risks he is taking. He showed a picture of himself scuba diving. “Me and Nemo!” and he mimed how he had brought Scott under water to make the picture. Too funny. Then he showed a picture of the two of them in skiing clothes and told a funny story about the first time they were in Whistler (Vancouver!) and came up the hill with the lift and Scott told John how to act once the lift reached its peak. He should go off on one – two – three and… And John said: “Please, I’m a dancer!” and rolled his eyes. So, the top of the hill came, Scott smoothly took off after one – two – three, but John somehow ended up at the wrong side of the hill, but was not able to get back up. He acted out the whole story on stage, skiing with one foot in the air and we had laughing fits. Finally he saw no other way than going down the hill on this side. While he was at it his mobile rang and it was Scott, texting: “Hope you have fun – we are sitting here, drinking gluh wine (hey, German word!) and watching some asshole coming down the shear side of the mountain.”

picture of John reading Scott's text:

Bild

The next picture John showed was from "Fifth Gear” where he was allowed to drive a racing car. And managed to crash it, it tumbled over three times. You can see it at 6 minutes 38 secundes in the video. The picture showed him sitting there after the crash while some medic removed some glass from his eye. Oh boy. John said that at the first two rounds everything went smoothly, so he was allowed the third round at his own speed. And “suddenly there was a curve that hadn’t been there before” LOL And of course, John being John, accelerated. So, they took a tumble, and the camera inside the car shows his face going “Aaaaarrrrgggghhh!” And his manager Gavin said to the first two rounds: “That looks good, yes” and to the crash: “Oh my God, John!” and ran towards him. And the next time he went home his mother just shook her head and tsked on him. All this did John act out for us. I haven't found a video from Cardiff yet, but somebody in Bournemouth did film all these stories, if you want to see John tell them in person. Here is the scuba diving one and here skiing and “Fifth Gear” and broken ankle

“And then one day you just take a step down from the deck of your pool and break your leg” and the picture showed John laying on a sofa with his left leg in a cast. And he told us “I was in pain! I was writhing on the floor! I was in agony! Tears streaming down my face!” and to each word the audience made a sympathetic “Awwwww!” But his mother thought he did only fool around and told him to get up. Only, he couldn’t. So, the point of all these stories, that you should live your life to the fullest, live every day, do some crazy stuff, but be careful.

And don’t let anybody rain on your parade. “Don’t Rain On My Parade” followed suit. And after hearing all these stories, the lyrics made sense in a completely new way. I had loved this song before, but only now the meaning really hit me. Sometimes you have such revelations. For example “…don't tell me not to fly, I've simply got to. If someone takes a spill, it's me and not you …” or “…I gotta fly once, I gotta try once, only can die once, right sir?” and I love especially the “Hey, everybody, here I am!”

+++

But now on with the concert after the interval, where I had left off last time.

So I kept my eyes open for Scott (John’s partner) to return and when he finally arrived, he just tipped up his seat from behind and then stepped over it with his long legs, instead of making the other people in his row going up. There was a bigger gap between his and our row, for people to be able to walk through.

picture by Tannim
Bild

A short while into the concert John mentioned that Eve Myles (Gwen Cooper from “Torchwood”) also was here this evening and only after he pointed it out I realized that the woman with whom Scott was chatting all the time was Eve. So far I only had seen the back of her head, but right at this moment she turned her face to me. She and the woman next to her had a marvellous time, they were swaying to the music and sometimes jumping up and dancing. I shamefully admit that sometimes my eyes were drawn from John on the stage to this corner, because watching their reactions was so funny. This is the view I had, there is Scott in the black t-shirt (third from the left), then Eve’s husband in white and next to him Eve.

Bild

John had used the break to put on a red suit and started with a medley:"Rhythm Of The Beat / Turn The Beat Around” .

Bild

All four dancers joined him on stage as well. They really earned their money on this evening. At the line “Turn it upside down” the girls got turned upside down indeed. I thought that was funny. As for John, it is incredible how much he is whirling around and still able to sing. He really loves being on stage. He also went from one side of the stage to the other, to greet the fans sitting left and right. Also when standing in the middle of the stage, he often looked left and right. Sometimes I wished he would look a bit more to the centre, into my direction ;)

He said that this was a little medley from his recent show “Tonight’s the Night”, where he helps people fulfil their dreams and perform on stage for one evening, because he is living his dream and just wants to give something back. He showed a picture of him with Gavin Barker, saying that a lot of people wonder when they actually do their business meetings – since John always is so busy and travelling around. Well, here is the secret – they do it on the way. And one day they decided to create their own production company – Barrowman Barker, to have a bit more control over things when working for the BBC. The company logo is a very funny one – a man with a barrow (barrowman) and in said barrow is sitting a dog which stands for the barking. I think it is a very old fashioned logo, like those old Hollywood movie companies, just like John Barrowman is an old fashioned entertainer himself.

John then showed a picture of Scott “doing what he does best – reading a book”. And John pointed out that in the background of the picture of Scott lying on the beach was a man bending down and you could see his behind. If only the people knew the pictures you take sometimes. Then he said, that often people think Scott must be the luckiest man ever, living with John, “…but Scott knows I’m a handful – not like THAT!” because some people were giggling again. Anyway, here came John’s declaration of love (which I had heard before but it is always nice to hear it again). While John himself is the sailboat, sailing into all directions, Scott is his keel and keeps him on track. If you want to see the Barrowman-Barker story and some nice pictures of Scott on the beach in Antigua, then I have a link from Oxford for you.

So, the next song was dedicated to Scott and to love in general, and we should sing along if we wanted to. They even lightened up the hall so that John could see us all – “You look very good, with all the sparkle!” (in his Twitter account, he had told somebody to wear something with sparkle, and so a lot of us did – myself included – anything to make him happy LOL) He also told us we should hug the person next to us. Thus a big group hug came up.

So, the song we were singing together was “Let Your Love Flow”. Unfortunately I only know the German lyrics to that song which is about a guy and a girl in the cornfield ;) Wish I had been to the JB concert two years ago, I know the lyrics to “The Way To Amarillo” which he was singing with the audience back then by heart. But I am always too late with everything. John also held his microphone to some of his musicians who sang along – but, as John announced, “Thank God they play the instruments.”

Two of the dresses he wore as “Zaza” in the musical “La Cage Aux Folles” were suddenly standing on stage – the red one and the white one, and John talked and showed pictures of himself wearing them. Even as a woman he looks fantastically, there really isn’t anything he cannot wear. And he has great legs!

Bild

A guy was getting the dummies off stage, and John held him back, introduced him to us (sorry, forgot his name) and told us he could do a fine rap – no, of course he could do the Irish folk dance (or was it Welsh in the end?).

Bild

And so he showed a bit of his skills before he was allowed off stage. I found a video from Bournemouth where he also did that. John attempted to help him carrying the figures away, but somehow ended up with only the top half of the puppet. So, John being John, he then grabbed the remaining legs – well, between the legs LOL And no, that was no accident at all – he did it at every concert. I know my John ;)

picture by Tannim
Bild

“This song is dedicated…” – and John made a noise I cannot describe – “…to everything drag.” He had to laugh a few times while singing “Man, I Feel Like A Woman” and we squeed so loud when the two male dancers showed up on stage, wearing pink dresses. Since they didn’t wear any make-up and were kinda muscular and didn’t even try for female smooth moves they looked really funny. Also when they had to correct the fitting of their boobs all the time ;) John of course did use the opportunity for some slaps on their backsides. Who wouldn’t in his place. One of the guys later on even tried a split. The whole sight was absolutely hilarious and we screamed throughout and John was grinning like madly and I am very happy that I resisted reading any reports beforehand so this was a real surprise for me.

Bild

Bild

Bild

At the last tone John ripped off the dresses so the guys only stood there in their black underpants. With the right guy John had to rip a bit harder, as at first the dress refused to let go. And the left guy put his fingertips onto his nipples to hide them LOL We got quite a nice long look onto nice male bodies, and John added with a twinkle in his eye while whirling the dresses around: “That’s especially for you, ladies!” – well, but I saw him doing a side glance or two, too ;) Isn’t that nice when you have the same interests as your star? LOL

Bild

He then said “Boys, turn around” and when they didn’t immediately comply he pressed “Turn around – turn around!” and his voice went up a notch, like talking to a puppy and sounded exactly like when he tells poor Scott to come to the stage or do other embarrassing things like interviews. It’s totally cute though and who could really resist a voice like that? Finally the dancers gave in and presented their backsides to us as well. John wanted them to do a bow but all we got were shy curtseys which somehow were even funnier. And John said: “Give it up for James and Jamie otherwise known as Jeanette and Julie!"

After they had left the stage John giggled like a girl and added in a low voice like telling a secret: “They pretend to not like it but they run quite well in those heels, don't they?"

“I'm the reason the way I am because of two people – my Mom and Dad.” (yes, I don’t think this is grammatically correct, but even Mr. Perfect is allowed to make mistakes) John showed a picture of his parents on their first date – his Dad being 18 and his Mother 16, and their wedding picture. The whole hall went “Aaaaawwww!” And they are married for 55 years now. The song that followed was "Remember when" . I must admit I never heard it before but I loved it. John stood to the side, and at the other side we got a nice dancing pair with petticoat and ponytail just like in the Sixties, dreamily dancing to the music. Beautiful.

Bild

Bild

In the intersection where there is only music, no lyrics, John turned his back and watched together with us the pictures on the screen – family pictures of John and Marion Barrowman, together with their three children. Just click on the video of the song above – and look, there is wee John!

Then the other dancing pair came to the stage and then the crowd applauded when finally John’s Mum and Dad appeared, wearing a nice dress and suit, and started to dance. It was such an emotional moment.

Bild

Bild

They are such a nice pair, having grown old together. And they are very supportive of John – there is a story in his first book about his parents walking out of some friend’s house in the middle of the night because they had spoken ill about gay people. If only all kids in the world got that support from their parents.

At the end of the song Marion did a little turn and there also was a little kiss. So cute, and John looked so proud, he was beaming. I also had a big, big smile on my face and right now watching the video I again can’t help smiling. I adore the whole Barrowman family. I really would like to be a mouse in the house at one of their Christmas gatherings with playing games and dressing up and performing. My own family is a bit like that, our gatherings also are legendary (minus the dressing up ;) ), and I need not to wonder where I got it all from. Neither does John.

picture by Tannim
Bild

John announced: “Ladies and Gentlemen – my Mom and Dad!” and the applause got louder, if that is even possible. His dad snatched the mike from him and announced that he was wearing his James Bond suit. “The name is Bond, James Bond!” Then his wife took the micro and added: “And I am Pussy Galore!” and we all had a laughing fit, John also was doubling over even though he must hear this every evening. But they are just too funny. And seriously, which other star is taking his parents onto tour with him? So sweet ;)
I’m not sure if I should spell out the following conversation or just let you watch the video above to find out for yourself – but well, if the Barrowmans can do it on stage, so can I in my report!

So, still laughing John replied to the Pussy Galore thing “I’m so not going there!” but his father got the last word in with “It’s a long while since I’ve been there, too!” No, John needs not to wonder where he got it from ;) Before there could be any other revelations, he closed it with: “Ladies and Gentlemen, give it up for my Mom and Dad!” and so we did.

The three of them left the stage to the right, and from the left Jodie Prenger entered again, gifting us with "Proud Mary" and “Nobody Does It Better”. A little while later, a guy with a flashlight/torch showed John’s parents the way back to their seats – they walked by right in front of us, their seats were in front of Scott. They had changed back into the clothes we had seen them wearing earlier this evening.

Since there was so much happening in the second half of the concert, I am stopping here and give you the third and last part next week. Don't miss out when it is "John Barrowman in concert" day again!

To be continued

Zuletzt geändert von Astra am So 7. Nov 2010, 10:54, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 6. Nov 2010, 01:19 

Was für ein wunderbarer Bericht, Astra :kussi
Es kommen wieder alle Erinnerungen hoch - es war so ein toller und perfekter Abend.
Und endlich habe ich den letzten Teil des Satzes verstanden, den John von Scotts SMS vorgelesen hatte. Armer John, erst kämpft er mit den Elementen...Lift, Berg, Schwerkraft, Wind, Kälte und vor allem ein Paar Skier :rollen

Das Lied 'Remember When' kannte ich auch nicht. Es war so schön...btw. wie lange sind seine Eltern verheiratet? Upps, jetzt weiß jeder, der in den Konzerten war wie alt seine Schwester ist. Na die wird sich freuen... :rollen Und glaubt mir, Mädels jenseits der 40 sind in diesen Dingen etwas eigen :umkipp :kopfschlag
Danke Dir Astra :knuddel :kussi

Zuletzt geändert von momo am Sa 6. Nov 2010, 15:19, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 6. Nov 2010, 11:39 

Klasse Bericht! Da wünscht man sich, man wäre ebenfalls dort gewesen. Hab vielen Dank für die Mühe.

Danke Herr Duck!

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 6. Nov 2010, 12:21 
Admin

Wenn ich an die beiden Tänzer in den Kleidchen denke, könnte ich immer noch vor Vergnügen kreischen *g* - ein toller Bericht!

BeitragVerfasst: So 7. Nov 2010, 14:49 

Ich hab dir ja schon gesagt wie super toll ich deinen Bericht finde im LJ. Man durch lebt wieder die Erinnerungen und denkt das concert wäre erst gestern gewesen. Und ich lach mich jedesmal auf neue krank, wenn ich die Story mit dem Ski hören und natürlich "Man I feel like a Woman".

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 13. Nov 2010, 00:14 

momo hat geschrieben:
Upps, jetzt weiß jeder, der in den Konzerten war wie alt seine Schwester ist. Na die wird sich freuen... :rollen Und glaubt mir, Mädels jenseits der 40 sind in diesen Dingen etwas eigen :umkipp :kopfschlag

Hm, daran speziell kann ich mich jetzt gar nicht erinnern! Es waren einfach so viele Kleinigkeiten. Wann hat er das denn gesagt?

Und hier kommt wie versprochen der dritte und leider auch letzte Teil vom Konzertbericht. Hab ihn wieder mit reichlich Fotos gespickt - an dieser Stelle ein Dankeschön an Giotto und Sheepyie, die mir ihre zur Verfügung gestellt haben - und natürlich auch an Codename_Sherry, die so fleißig gefilmt hat (hm, ist eigentlich in meinem Bettpfosten noch Platz für eine neue Kerbe? *insider*). Besonders die letzten beiden Videos müsst Ihr Euch unbedingt angucken - die waren der emotionale Höhepunkt für mich.

Part 1 can be found here:

Part 2 can be found here:

On to Part 3 - the great emotional finale!

John had used the break to change again and came back in a shiny silvery suit.

<u><lj-cut text="He told us that he won’t try to explain in complicated ways but for some reason his and Jodie’s voice do not fit together – they just don’t. For a long time they had wanted to do a duet but could not find the right song."></u>He told us that he won’t try to explain in complicated ways but for some reason his and Jodie’s voice do not fit together – they just don’t. For a long time they had wanted to do a duet but could not find the right song.

Bild

But now they finally had found one – “So Close” from the Disney Movie “Enchanted” which apparently John and his niece Clare love very much. John and Jodie stood quite a bit apart on either side of the stage, but for the final notes they walked towards each other and hugged at the end.

Bild

After Jodie had left John asked, whether we wanted a little Barry Manilow! But he did not want to do “Cobacabana” only standing around, so he had asked his dancers whether they would act the story out. And boy, did they. It was awesome. First there was Lola with the yellow feather in the hair, and Tony who tended the bar (the dancer shook a shaker) who fell in love with each other. But then Rico who wore a diamond came along and there was a fight and Tony died. Then the other girl showed a sign with “Lola’s dream” and the two of them danced quite lovely. But at the end, thirty years later, Lola sat alone at the bar, with a cigarette and a bottle of wine, and the bar is now a disco – and John made some John Travolta moves right there ;)

At some time in the second half of the concert, not exactly sure when, John spilled water while he was drinking. He then used one of his towels to clean the stage, bend down to dry it off and then used it for his face as well – and threw it into the audience. A lucky woman in row two caught it. At some other point of the concert one girl screamed “I love you John!” and John answered: “I love that you love me!”

Somewhere also he did a bit of a talk and with every double entendre the guy at the drums gave some beats, till John turned to him and told him to not encourage us anymore, because we were laughing at everything he said. At one point he complained: “You made me completely lose my train of thoughts!” Unfortunately I didn’t understand much of the whole conversation, and therefore don’t remember what was said. If anybody could help me with this part, that would be great.

John then proudly announced: “Captain Jack will be back!” and the hall exploded in screams. We had waited so long to hear there would be a fourth season of “Torchwood” made and John, who surely knows a bit more about it already, promised us “…it will be bigger and better than ever!”. And of course now followed “The Doctor And I” which is about how Jack feels about the Doctor. It was six years ago when he first set his foot into the TARDIS, which changed his life. Throughout the video you can hear people squeeing because at the screen in the back they showed some of the most memorable or funny scenes from John guest starring as Captain Jack Harkness in several “Doctor Who” episodes – first with Christopher Eccleston, then with David Tennant as The Doctor. When David appeared on the screen the crowd went wild. In the original video from Cardiff I linked to above you miss some of those scenes – some very nice ones – so if you want to see the whole thing, I have another video from Swindon for you. It was so nice to see it in this form while listening to the song, and especially now that we had been in Cardiff for some days we also recognized some landmarks like the red Pierhead building, when the Doctor disables Jack’s Vortex manipulator. I suddenly got all warm and fuzzy inside, being here, amongst all those people, in this special city. And a bit emotional also, knowing the evening soon would come to an end.

But then John reached the line “May I defabricate you?” and I had to laugh again because whoever had edited the video had included some very meaningful glances between Jack and the Doctor at this moment ;) Since nobody paid much attention to John anyway at the moment, he turned and also watched the screen while singing. And even though I had listened to this song quite a few times already only now it hit me when the line: “Unlimited, my future is unlimited…” came up – a line he did not even have to change at all from the original song of “The Wizard And I” – and yet it is so perfectly fitting for the immortal Jack. I got goose bumps at this moment while watching some scenes of Jack dying on screen. From tears to laughter to goose bumps – all in one song – something only a John Barrowman concert can do to you.

“Rule The World” was the next song and after the first notes the audience squeed. Another song that I heard for the first time ever at this evening (don’t look at me like that!) but it stuck with me and for the past days I had it as a catching tune. Guess I SHOULD have paid a bit more attention to what a certain former boygroup was doing after all. Ah, well. Isn’t it nice that I can explore all this music together with John? And yes, I am biased enough to usually like his versions better ;)

Because the guys that usually play the trumpet, trombone and saxophone had nothing to do in this song they waved their hands in the air – and the audience waved theirs, too. Somehow we could not agree into which direction to go, though. So some mirrored the moves from the stage, while the others preferred the opposite direction. This just as an explanation why the girl taking the video above had to move the camera in time with the moves. At one point John also joined in the waving. At the line “…the stars are coming out tonight for you” John picked out one girl (well, I assume it was a girl, there were 90% girls and women of all ages in the audience) and pointed with his finger to her. What a way to make somebody feel special.

And guess what – Kate and Jenny suddenly went from dancing to singing! They stood on the side and made the background. Although if I now think about it, when there was the Wonder Woman song they probably also already did sing?

Picture by Tannim
Bild

It was time for the last official song of the concert – “Let’s Get Loud”. John didn’t have to tell us twice. More and more people were standing up and dancing and singing along and he also took the time to say thanks to all his musicians, each played a little solo on their instruments, and the J4 all got a solo dance. During the song John also shed his jacket and finally sang only in his shirt. Something of which I strangely don’t have any memory – strangely because on the last DVD he seemed to do it after the third song already and I kinda kept waiting for it to happen, but we got many different suits instead - but tannim's picture proves that he indeed did.

Picture by Tannim
Bild

Then John left the stage and we screamed for him to return, which he quickly did – no idea where he found the time to change suits yet again – that made it the fourth? A black one with sparkle all through and through. Very fitting for the emotional highlight of the evening that was about to come. That would explain why he started to undress while still being on stage ;)

“I’ve just whipped up something backstage. A little bit of sequins and some wool.” There was a wolf whistle from the audience. “Thank you! You’re cheque is in the mail! - I’ve got to be totally frankly, totally honest with you – coming out tonight knowing that this is my home town has really made me exceptionally proud. The fact of the matter is, you all know where I live anyway! You’ve all been to my garage sale! As I said earlier to you tonight, I’m always humbled, I’m always overwhelmed by how much people come to me and talk to me and ask for my autograph, ask for my photograph and as much as I can possibly do I always will, you know that. The fact that I’m living my dream is because of you, it’s because of people like you who have allowed me to do what I do and every time I am on television, every time I’m in a show, every time I’m on a radio show or doing an interview or doing something like this it’s the most important thing to me to know that you have been entertained and that’s why I do it!” A huge applause broke loose after that. And even though I wrote the whole quote in here please also listen to his voice saying these things, as hearing it is so much better than just reading. There is so much sincerity and affection and you can’t help being moved, as he really means everything he says.

“So, having said that, this song is dedicated to you.” We all sat down again to listen to “From This Moment On”. It was absolutely beautiful. I got goose bumps again when he sang that he lives only for our happiness and that he would give his last breath, and that his dreams became true because of us and also his body language, putting his hands onto his heart while promising that there is nothing he wouldn’t give.

Bild

Bild

Thank you very much, codename-sherry that you caught this special moment for us to always remember. When the song ended hell broke lose, all the people stood up at once and there was a big and long applause and the people upstairs even were tromping their feet, which made an incredible noise.

John writes in his second book that one day he would like to learn to write his own lyrics, and I agree it would be nice if he had more than that one own song and I also can’t see him just doing cover-songs for the rest of his life, but as long as he manages to find such gems like the aforementioned “When I Get My Name In Lights” or this “From This Moment On” with lyrics that are so fitting, sounding as if they had been written especially for him, and shares them with us and makes them completely his own, making you forget that they have been done by others before and achieves that one special moment, where the performers on stage and the people in the audience become one big family, then there is nothing to say against that! (Plus, in my case, even though all songs are cover-songs, many of them are new to me anyway, so…) And this probably was the longest English sentence I ever wrote.

I think all of us had tears in their eyes, including Scott, including John. As long as he was singing he had managed to hold it together, but now the song had ended he needed to use the towel to wipe his eyes and then just stood there, humbled, almost embarrassed while we still were squeeing like madly. “Thank you, thank you very much!” and then his voice broke when he said “I can’t explain to you what it’s like to hear about 5,000 people shouting for you, it’s…” but he couldn’t say anything more and had to turn away from the microphone. It was a very special and emotional moment, and I think everyone that was there will never forget it.

Bild

John then laughed and said: “You make me a mess.” His voice still was shaky with emotion. “If you cry you can’t sing and I wanna do one more.” Of course, it wouldn’t be a John Barrowman concert without that one certain song. I’m sure everyone was waiting for it. So, after a last wipe and blow of the nose John pulled himself together and told the last story of the evening: “Most recently I’ve been in some meetings with some high powery executives in television…” at this moment the audience gave a wolf whistle – “They didn’t get THAT, believe me! We sat there on the big table and they said to me – they called me Mr. Barrowman – immediately the hairs on the back of my neck went up - they said ‘Don’t you think it’s about time you changed a little bit?’”

We all yelled: “No!!!” John continued: “They said: ‘Don’t you think you should kind of alter your personality slightly?’” – “Nooooo!!!” – “They said: ‘Don’t you think you should grow up a little bit?’” – “Noooooooooooo!!!” – “I’m so glad because I looked at them around that table and I stared at everyone and I said ‘Mr. Barrowman says no!’ and they looked slightly confused and I looked back at them and said: ‘You wanna know why? Because “I Am What I Am”!" and everyone in the Cardiff International Arena recited the title of the song together with John.

And we also made a nice background choir, and of course I sang along, too. I admit, whenever I feel down, I sing that song, and it always helps me feeling better afterwards, after shouting loudly that yes, I am what I am and nothing else, and it is not me that has to change but the others! Try it, it really helps. What a great song that is. Thank you, John, for introducing it to me. I love that it starts so softly, but with every verse it becomes more powerful till the high note at the end.

So, please join me in singing along with John – I am even providing the lyrics for you:

I am what I am

I am what I am
I am my own special creation
So come take a look
Give me the hook or the ovation
It’s my world
That I want to have a little pride in
My world
And it is not a place I have to hide in
Life’s not worth a damn
Till you can say - Hey World!
I am what I am

I am what I am
I don’t want praise, I don’t want pity
I bang my own drum
Some think it’s noise, I think it’s pretty
And so what if I love each feather and each bangle
Why not try to see things from a different angle
Your life is a shame
Till you can shout out loud
I am what I am

I am what I am
And what I am needs no excuses
I deal my own deck
Sometimes the aces, sometimes the deuces
There’s one life and there’s no return and no deposit
One life so it’s time to open up your closet
Life’s not worth a damn
till you can say – Hey, world!
I AM WHAT I AM!!!

Bild

Bild

In the first verse, where John sings “give me the hook or the ovation” of course he got ovations from us. For the last time John was running back and fourth on the stage, trying to include all fans, nobody should feel left out. I also love the little jump he does at the end. Afterwards the hall exploded again. That was it, the band was playing on and with a few last bows and waves he left the stage, making certain that I had this song in my ears for the rest of the evening.

The technicians already started to dismantle the stage, and the people slowly filed out of the hall. But a little group gathered around Eve Myles and she had to do some pictures with people and give autographs.

Bild

We stood there watching them and waiting for our friends to join us, then we met with the rest of our group outside the hall. We had some excited talk with another group of British girls, who were so kind to do a group picture of us, but then had to catch their bus home. If you read this - thanks again!

Bild

We walked a bit around, trying to find a pub that did let us in at this late time in the evening. Which proved to be difficult, as most already had closed at 11 PM – there were people still inside, but they did not allow anyone new in. But finally we found one where we could sit for half an hour and have a drink, till they also threw us out at quarter past midnight. No other choice than to go to bed then. Next time we all book in the same hotel, I bring some booze and we make a room party! Who can go to sleep after a night like this? I mean, really. We didn’t even encounter any other fans in our hotel, I guess everyone stayed in the two hotels that were closer to the arena.

The End? Not yet. Because I have some extras for you. First this wonderful review about the concerts in Cardiff and Bristol – I just wanted to provide a memorable quote, but then I would have to quote the whole thing, so you better read it all here.

John Barrowman is an entertainer with a capital E

And second, there is a sneak preview of the DVD, recorded in the London Royal Albert Hall, which comes out next week – I can hardly wait! It looks awesome.

That’s it, that’s the end of my report. Hope everyone liked the concert and let’s meet next time in Cardiff when John gets his name in lights! If you like to stay with me a little longer, there will also be reports about the other days we spent in Cardiff – sightseeing, visiting of “Doctor Who” and “Torchwood locations”, and I also took my action figures with me. The first part was published here, the rest will come within the next weeks.

See ya!

Zuletzt geändert von Astra am Sa 13. Nov 2010, 20:33, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 13. Nov 2010, 01:29 

Astra hat geschrieben:
Zitat:
Hm, daran speziell kann ich mich jetzt gar nicht erinnern! Es waren einfach so viele Kleinigkeiten. Wann hat er das denn gesagt?

Direkt gesagt hatte er es nicht, aber dass seine Eltern 54 Jahre verheiratet sind, dass hat er gesagt. Carol wird begeistert sein, dass jetzt die Fans anfangen werden zu rechnen....

Was für ein wunderbarer Bericht, Astra :knuddel
Du hast wieder dieses Gefühl
es war so toll :grinser :grinser es war so too :grinser es war so toll :grinser
in mir wach gerufen. :knuddel
Alles noch einmal ausführlich beschrieben, mit so viel Liebe zum Detail - es is herrlisch Deine Konzertbeschreibung wieder und immer wieder zu lesen.
Danke nochmal, da bin ich sofort wieder in Cardiff :kussi

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 13. Nov 2010, 12:50 

Der letzte teil ist wieder echt klasse. Hast du wieder sehr schön geschrieben. :rosethumb

Das Gruppenbild finde ich ja auch ganz toll. Man sieht es war ziemlich kalt. ;)

Ich hab auch schon gedacht, jetzt fangen sie alle an zu rechnen. :D

:grinser Und nächsten Montag kommt endlich die DVD raus. :grinser :grinser

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 13. Nov 2010, 15:21 

Danke für die tollen Konzertberichte Astra. :knuddel

Naja, ich konnte es mir trotz DVD nciht verkneifen und hab vor der Pause im Konzert ganz fleissig geknipst.
Gross sagen kann ich eigentlich nichts dazu, da ich bei dem Gedanken daran immer noch sprachlos bin.

Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild

Bitte gebt die Bilder nicht einfach weiter...

Ich suche einen neuen Schutzengel, mein Alter ist mit den Nerven am ende.

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 13. Nov 2010, 15:53 

@Astra: wow, deine Berichte sind jedesmal klasse! Die lassen die Erinnerungen an das Konzert in London für mich nochmal wachwerden, weil da ja das gleiche Programm wie bei euch in Cardiff gezeigt wurde. Danke dass du dir soviel Mühe gemacht hast und alles so ausführlich aufgeschrieben hast! :knuddel

Danke auch für die vielen Fotos! Eve Myles wirkt ja nicht sonderlich begeistert... *ggg* Dafür seid ihr auf eurem Gruppenfoto umso happier! :D

Jessica, auch danke für deine Bilder! Die sind echt toll geworden! :rosethumb

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 13. Nov 2010, 18:40 

:herzauge Das kommt man ja regelrecht ins schwärmen, wenn man die Photos sieht Jessica. Ich habe es auch versucht, aber meine Camera hatte wahrscheinlich Jetlag :D Die wollte nicht so wie ich wollte.

Also Danke noch mal :knuddel

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 13. Nov 2010, 19:55 

Danke für den tollen Bericht! :D

Und du pöse Astra bist dran schuld, dass ich mein Amazon-Gutscheinkonto leer geräumt habe, weil ich jetzt schon die 4. CD bestellen musste. :rollen

Danke Herr Duck!

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 13. Nov 2010, 21:35 

Willkommen im Club Berthe, willkommen im Club. :knuddel
Ging mir auch nicht anders... :mrgreen:

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 13. Nov 2010, 22:06 

Super Bericht Astra!!! Da kann man das Konzert echt super noch mal vor seinem geistigen Auge ablaufen lassen :knuddel Ich freu mich auch schon auf die DVD!!

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 15. Nov 2010, 12:08 

Da heute die Veröffentlichung der Concert DVD ist, habe ich ein Video bekommt mit Behind the Scene von der Tour und der Royal Albert Hall. Und das wollte euch nicht vorenthalten. :jiggle

Hach die leute denken an uns armen deutschen, die noch auf die DVD warten müßen. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVC5v9Vq34U

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 15. Nov 2010, 15:57 

Quitsch :sabber :grinser :jiggle
Hach, freu ich mich auf die DVD - Box... :grinser :jiggle :grinser :jiggle

Danke fürs finden und teilen, Halie :kussi :knuddel

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 15. Nov 2010, 22:21 

... ich habe bis eben schon mal 1.20 Std. von der DVD geguckt ... sie ist heute gekommen!!! :D
Aaach jaaa - das waren noch Zeiten .... ("nur" noch ca. 1 Jahr bis zum nächsten Mal :( .)
Gute Nacht!

BeitragVerfasst: Di 16. Nov 2010, 00:21 

Wow, Jessica, die Fotos sind wirklich klasse!

berthe hat geschrieben:
Und du pöse Astra bist dran schuld, dass ich mein Amazon-Gutscheinkonto leer geräumt habe, weil ich jetzt schon die 4. CD bestellen musste. :rollen

Hehe, Strike! Wieder eine bekehrt ;)
Na da bin ich doch gerne pöse! Man sollte wirklich gleich eine Sammelbestellung aufgeben, es bleibt nie bei einer CD.

forum17 hat geschrieben:
... ich habe bis eben schon mal 1.20 Std. von der DVD geguckt ... sie ist heute gekommen!!! :D
Aaach jaaa - das waren noch Zeiten .... ("nur" noch ca. 1 Jahr bis zum nächsten Mal :( .)
Gute Nacht!

Ja ja, mach uns nur den Mund richtig wässrig *grummel* Ich hab noch nicht mal ne Versandbestätigung, und auf der ASDA Webseite steht "not in stock". Hauptsache es kommt bis Weihnachten.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 355 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC [ Sommerzeit ]